What's Baby Up To?
- Enjoying her new sense of equilibrium - she knows which way is up and which is down.
- Growing more fat and more hair!
- Nails are starting to form on the fingers and toes (which I thought already happened a long time ago - I guess that movie Juno was full of shit)
- She is starting to grasp her hands and wiggle her fingers and toes. (I swear she tickled me from the inside the other day!)
- Baby girl's nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open and she is beginning to take practice breaths!
- Her vocal cords are functioning now.
- Her startle reflexes are kicking in and she can be scared by things like loud noises. (I'll try to remember that the next time I want to yell at my 5th period.... :)
Symptoms: My upper back has still been hurting, though not quite as bad as it did last week. Baby girl's kicks were pretty strong over the weekend, but have slowed down over the past few days. It had me a little worried, but a few people suggested that it was most likely a growth spurt, which causes babies to be a little more sleepy and inactive! I prefer feeling her tiny little kicks throughout the day though...
Cravings: My sweet girl must be a true southern lady, because this week I have been craving good ol' fashioned banana pudding!
Weight Gain: Up about 11 pounds total so far! Definitely mostly in the belly which seems to be getting bigger almost daily now!
25 Week Bump Pic:
Mason and I registered for all of our baby gear, which I will go into further detail about in another post.
Baby's crib mattress came in the mail today and so I quickly got it in her crib and added some of the bedding pieces that I have so far. Here is the current progress of her nursery...
15 more weeks to go! :)