What's Baby Up To?
- Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.
- It also has a PINK glow due to small capillaries that have recently formed.
- She is starting to grow hair on her head! :)
- Sections of her lungs are expanding and developing and she is starting to produce lung surfactant which helps to keep the lungs from collapsing at birth.
- Her brain cells have matured enough to develop conscious thought, and most likely memory!
- Her auditory system is rapidly advancing, which means if she frequently hears a song now she is likely to recognize it and feel calmed by it after she is born (I better step up my music game)!
Symptoms: My upper back is KILLING ME this week, although I'm not sure if it is baby-related... I think I may have injured it. I'm hoping it heals on its own, but if it continues to keep hurting like this, I may go visit a chiropractor. Other than that everything else is going well.
Also, my hormones maybe a little on the wild side at the moment - I cried twice last weekend for STUPID reasons that I knew were stupid at the time, but I couldn't help myself! So annoying…
Cravings: Nothing specific. Chocolate sometimes, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Weight Gain: Just got back from vacay, so I'll let my body settle down a little before I jump back on the scale! ;)
24 Week Bump Pic:
This is such a special time and I'm enjoying every second of it. We love you sweet girl and can not wait to hold you in our arms!!
16 more weeks to go!