This week baby is the size of a...
What's Baby Up To?
- Spends her free time practicing inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping, blinking, and memorizing Taylor Swift lyrics.
- Gaining about a 1/2 ounce each day.
- Most of her vernix, the waxy coating that was protecting her skin, has now been shed. Getting cleaned up for her big debut! :)
- Taking in mama's antibodies to protect her from germs during birth.
- She has developed more dexterity in her fingers and can now grasp onto small objects.
- Sucking her thumb. :)
She still gets the hiccups several times a day and also enjoys working on her high kicks. She's big enough now, that I can pretty much pinch her little feet when she kicks me. Mason says I shouldn't because it will scare her, but I think she knows it's just mama playing a game with her! :)
Symptoms: Cramping, occasional contractions, back pain from sleeping uncomfortably, and pretty much everything you would expect from being 9 months pregnant. Also yesterday my hip joint felt like it was disconnecting from my body. That was fun. Apparently towards the end of pregnancy, a chemical in your body called "relaxin"makes your joints and muscles loose to help the baby make it's way out. It is not very "relaxin' ".
Cravings: Tequila. Vodka. Absynthe. ;) only kidding... kinda...
37 Week Bump Pic:
Doing everything he can to keep Mama happy, which he is doing a great job of!
Monday after work he came home and fixed the stroller/car seat adapter after doing some extensive research on the matter! Yay! Baby girl, we are set for some power walks around the neighborhood!
Also, an update on G-Daddy: His heart surgery was very successful! He is now at home recovering and regaining his strength. He'll need it if he is going to make the trip to Dallas to come meet his first grandchild! We can't wait! :)
Only 3 more weeks to go!