What's Baby Up To?
- She is going through major brain and nerve development.
- Her irises now react to light.
- All five of her senses are in working order! She may "jump" now when she hears a loud noise or move to the rhythm of a song she likes! :)
- She can turn her head from side to side.
- She is urinating about 2 cups of liquid into the amniotic fluid each day now. Um. Ew. Luckily my body replaces this fluid several times a day! (Already, cleaning up after her!)
Symptoms: Having heartburn pretty regularly and occasionally my back hurts. Also, my stomach feels pretty stretched tight right now. Hard to imagine she will still double in size. Yikes!
Cravings: Anything sweet. Luckily Daddy is always up for a little ice cream or frozen yogurt in the evenings! :)
Weight Gain: 16 lbs
31 Week Bump Pic:
Last Friday, we had a doctor's appointment and sonogram! It was so fun to get to see our sweet girl, since we had not seen her since our last sonogram at 17 weeks. She was not very cooperative this time and didn't give us very many photographical moments. (Psshh, whose child is this???) She had her hands and her foot covering her face most of the time. This was the best picture we could get.
She is already in head down position, so we are pretty much good to go other than just fattening her up a bit during the next two months! I suppose I'll take one for the team and continue my ice cream consumption. ;) Unfortunately, this was our last ultrasound before her arrival so we will just have to be surprised about what/who she looks like when she gets here!
Other than being right on track developmentally, she has been keeping me on my toes lately with her more frequent and stronger movements! She was definitely showing off this past weekend in Houston, moving around for all to see! Her jabs and rolls are beginning to be a little uncomfortable at times for mama, but I can usually reposition her. Still lots of fun, though!
Only 9 more weeks to go! :)