Happy 9 Months Hadley!!!
Here are a few of Hadley's favorites this month...
- Sitting in a big girl highchair at home
- Can clap & play patty-cake
- Stood up in crib
- Drinks water from her sippy cup
- Started brushing her teeth (all two of them)
- Can point her finger at things
- Grew even more hair!
- Can move from one object to another while standing
- Also can stand holding on to something with only one hand!
- Starting to wave "bye-bye"
- Has mastered Peek-A-Boo (or as we fondly refer to it as "Where's Hadley?")
- Has slept through the night every night for an entire week!!!!!
Size 6 month, but starting to fit into 9 month sized clothing. Still size 2 diapers!!!
For most of this month, her night time sleep was horrible. Waking up several times a night, having to be nursed every few hours. (A growth spurt perhaps?) It was miserable, especially for an exhausted, recovering Mama. However, as soon as February hit, it's like she flipped a switch and started sleeping through the night consistently! It's been a week and she has slept every single night, going to bed around 8pm and not waking up until 5:30 or 6am!!! This is a huge improvement, we are so proud! She is also still taking two naps a day usually for about 1.5 hours each! Hallelujah!
Hadley is eating lots of new foods every day! We have really started experimenting with things this month... peanut butter, seaweed salad, miso soup... nothing is off limits (except honey) and she is loving it! She's a great little eater and pretty much likes anything we give her! Last night she had some paella, tonight some ravioli! So much fun to have her eat the same things as us!
She really likes and plays with most of her toys, but her favorites are still Mommy's box of bracelets, remote controls, and her Elephant walker. She also likes her stuffed animal puppy!
Things Hadley Hates:
Being put into her carseat. She really never cared too much about this in the past, but lately she cries just about every time we put her in it. Not sure why... Luckily, she calms down once we get going.
♡♡♡♡ We Love...♡♡♡♡
- what a good player you are! You play quietly and contently with others or on your own. You can amuse your self for long periods of time figuring out all the different things you can do with your toys!
- how you mimic any noise we make. Growling, spitting... you are a little copy-cat! Monkey see, monkey do! Time to start watching out what we say and do around you! :)
- how you point your toes and have such good posture! Such a dainty little girl. Future ballerina?
- your humor! You are really starting to understand funny situations and react to them. The other day at nap time you and I were giggling back and forth when you kept trying to stick your finger up my nose and I wouldn't let you! Funny girl!
- how fast you pick up on things. You are a sponge right now! Anything new we try to teach you, you master pretty quickly! This is one of the most fun parts of parenting - being your teachers!
- your curiosity! You have an amazing eye for detail. You will hone in on a single speck of dirt on the ground and work on picking it up.
- how excited you get when Daddy gets home from work and how sad you are to see him leave in the morning! Becoming more of a Daddy's girl each day!
We love you baby girl! Happy 9 months!