Happy 6 Months Hadley!
But wait, you want to really have your mind blown?!? Look at this!
Here are a few of Hadley's favorites this month...
- Tried lots of new foods (sweet potatoes, green peas, carrots, apples, pears, and bananas)!
- 1st trip to the State Fair of Texas
- 1st time on top of a Longhorn (can't say that I've even done that yet)!
- Can put in her paci by herself!
- Reaches for and can pick up whatever she wants (usually something to be put in her mouth)!
- Was baptized!
- Rolls over easily.
- Almost sitting up (can hold it for a few seconds at a time).
- Has grown a ton of hair in the last month (must be all those fruits and veggies)! :)
She is still wearing 3 month clothing and slowly fitting into her 3-6 month clothes too! Also, still wearing size 2 diapers. Our itty bitty with a tiny hiney! :)
Sleeping in her crib in her Magic Merlin Sleepsuit. She goes down to bed at about 8pm each night and usually sleeps straight until around 4 or 5AM. Then we bring her upstairs, feed her, and let her go back to sleep in our bed for the remainder of the morning, usually sleeping until around 7AM. Perhaps we might be setting her up for bad habits by letting her come into our bed to sleep when she wakes up, but honestly I don't mind. I just can't stand the thought of her crying alone downstairs by herself in the dark when she is so easily appeased sleeping with Mama and Daddy! Plus, I think we all kind of like having some sleepy early morning cuddle time and it makes for less trips up and down the stairs! Win, win. Hadley is also a great napper taking one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon (Usually each about 1.5 hours long)! Good girl!
Jumperoo, remote controls, paper towel roll tube - She's pretty easy to please! :) She also wants Mommy's cell phone, so I always have to hide it from her. She will literally leap to try and grab it!
Things Hadley Hates:
Loud noises! She bursts into tears when Mommy talks too loudly, when someone dumps ice into an ice chest, when Mommy blow drys her hair, when we blend food in the food processor, when we put away the pots and pans and they clang loudly. She is quite a sensitive little snowflake! Guess Santa will be bringing her some ear muffs for Christmas!
She also HATES having her mouth wiped while eating. She'd prefer to just have her whole face smeared with the veggie du jour.
♡♡♡♡ We love... ♡♡♡♡
- How photogenic you are! You are the smiliest baby alive and that means we have 234,990,735,098 amazing photos of you!
- Your tiny talking voice! You talk very softly, but it sounds like you are trying to say, "Hi!" which makes sense because we say " Hi Hadley!" a thousand times a day to you!
- Your eagerness to eat! You are like a little bird with your mouth opened wide ready to eat whatever we spoon out to you!
- How warm you always are! Your warm, tiny hands are a perfect match for Mommy's ice cold ones!
- Making you laugh! We will do anything ridiculous over and over again just to be able to listen to your baby giggles!
- How you have become a little Daddy's Girl just as much as you are a Mama's Girl!
Happy Half Birthday!
Here is a slideshow Mommy made to look back on your first six months...