Happy 12 Months Hadley!!!!
- Started drinking whole milk
- She "sings" :)
- She learned how to pinch (ouch!)
- Has become more interested in tv (but only for very short periods of time)
- Has become VERY interested in books!
- Has enough hair for a "ponytail" on top of her head!
- Can say the word "bird" (which she pronounces as "brrrr")
- I swear she said "llama" yesterday too! (Thanks Peek-a-Boo Barn!)
- 1st "tummy bug" (was pretty mild, no throwing up)
- 1st trip to the zoo
- 1st time at a baseball game
- Climbing the stairs!
Size 6-12, 9, or 12 depending on the manufacturer. She is starting to catch up with the correct clothes sizing for her age! Growing girl!! Wearing size 3 diapers.
Sleeping 11-12 hours a night with a 3 hour nap during the day! Hooray! Mommy has a nice break in the middle of the day to do things around the house! :) She is also completely out of her Merlin Sleepsuit!
She loves everything! I am constantly going to the grocery store to buy things for Hadley to eat - especially fruit, which is a favorite snack! I'm also buying more milk than I probably ever have in my life and I know that will only get more frequent. Hadley still nurses when she wakes up and once before bed but we will slowly continue to wean away from that. My goal is to be done by the end of this month. Breastfeeding has been a long journey, but I'm thankful that we were able to make it this long!
Things Hadley Hates:
Helium balloon tanks (don't take this girl to Party City on a Saturday...ha!)
♡♡♡♡ We Love...♡♡♡♡
- Pillow fights before bed time! You think it is HILARIOUS when I whack you in the face with a pillow! haha!
- The "Go to Bed" game we play every night! Daddy says "okay Hadley time for bed" and you will crawl as fast as you can to Mommy, grab on tight, and bury your head on my chest like I will save you from having to go to bed! :)
- Watching you learn how to interact with other children. Sometimes we share, sometimes we snatch something out of someone's hands. You are learning how to be social and it is the cutest thing ever!
- Playing "I'm Gonna Get You" as we chase you around the house! You are a pretty fast crawler these days! You giggle when we get close to "catching you"!
- How you will intently focus in on something as tiny as a strand of hair that you pick up!
- How you learned to comb your hair!
- How you have picked up lots of little things just by watching Mommy & Daddy! You are very observant!
- Your love for books! Right now you are mainly into turning the pages (at rapid speed), but occasionally you will curl up and actually listen to the story.
- Your love for snacks! You have figured out that Mommy keeps a container of snacks in her purse sometimes and you will sneak them out if you find them unguarded!
- How you wave "bye bye" when Mommy's on the phone and says "Alright, well I'll talk to you later..."! You know what comes next, smart girl!
- Your infectious smile! You smile at EVERYONE, all the time!
Happy 1st birthday, sweet girl! Twelve months ago we could never have imagined what you would be like, but you are all that we have ever dreamed of in a daughter! You are beautiful, smart, funny, and so very loving. You are stubborn when you don't get your way, you make us work for your laughter, and you are not afraid to let anyone know when you'd rather be with Mommy or Daddy! You are quiet, independent, and curious. But you love to be held, rocked, hugged and kissed! We feel so blessed to be your parents and though we are sad to see this first year go by, we know that each year will continue to be better than the last! We love you so much, birthday girl! We can't wait to celebrate with you tonight and at your birthday party this weekend!